Friday, December 14, 2012

Take your opinion and suck on it

I am getting very frustrated with people freely offering their opinions on my marriage and divorce and current feelings.
When I married my husband, I thought we would be married forever.
When I left my husband, I didn't do it because I wanted to. Why I left is none of your damn business anyway, nor is why our marriage didn't work.
I still love my exhusband. I am not in love with him. I understand we can't be together. That's perfectly fine. As a matter of fact, I think that still loving him shows how seriously I took our relationship.

When you say things like my husband is a piece of shit or I deserve better or it offends you that I wish we could be friends, I don't want to hear that. Don't talk to me like that about him. Do it somewhere else at another time, or better yet, quit fucking judging him as if you're a better person.

Before you offer an opinion next time on ANYONE'S divorce, realize that a statistic is a statistic and you could be one. I guaren-fuckin-tee you I fought as hard for my marriage as you think you would for yours, if not harder.

JUST BECAUSE my marriage "only lasted" two years doesn't mean it was less real or meant less than YOURS. It truly DOES NOT mean I was less dedicated to my husband than you are to your spouse, or that I was less committed than you are. Remember that. What would it take for you to leave your spouse? Everyone has their breaking point, and if you think you don't, all that means is that you're living in fairy land. Think about what it would take. Realize how much pain you would have to endure to actually be pushed that far. And the next time you want to tell a divorced person ANYTHING placating, suck it.

No comments:

Post a Comment